Downton Abbey Quotes
Mrs. Hughes: You can always hold my hand if it will make you feel a bit steady.
Carson: I don't know how, but you managed to make that sound a little risque.
Mrs. Hughes: And if I did, we're gettin' on Mr. Carson, you and I. We can afford to live a little.
Mrs. Patmore: Why do you need ice?
Carson: Mr. Levinson seems to want it in everything he drinks.
- Permalink: Mr. Levinson seems to want it in everything he drinks.
Cora: I hate to lie.
Mary: I'll do it. I don't mind lying.
- Permalink: I'll do it. I don't mind lying.
Isobel: You take everything as a compliment.
Violet: I advise you to do the same. It saves many an awkward moment.
- Permalink: I advise you to do the same. It saves many an awkward moment.
Isobel: Fear not, I've never traveled with a maid. You can share my knowledge of the jungle.
Violet: Can't you even offer help without sounding like a trumpeter on the peak of the moral high ground?
However you wish to command me I am your servant Mr. Branson, but I was not aware I was under orders as to what I might think.Barrow
But don't worry. I'm well prepared for cold baths, warm baths and most of all the food.Harold
Ethan: Would you care to try one of these? I think they're quite nice.
Carson: Have you lost your mind?
Ethan: Why? What have I done?
Carson: You're a footman, not a traveling salesman. Please keep your opinions on the catering to yourself.
Robert: I do wish Tom had arrived.
Cora: It's so nice to hear you say that.
Robert: No. I mean he's bringing Isis and I do miss her.
- Permalink: No. I mean he's bringing Isis and I do miss her.
Ethan: Are you excited?
Daisy: I'm never excited.
- Permalink: I'm never excited.
Your niece is a flapper. Accept it.Mary
- Permalink: Your niece is a flapper. Accept it.
I'd rather sleep on the roof than sleep with Edith.Mary
- Permalink: I'd rather sleep on the roof than sleep with Edith.