How I Met Your Mother Season 1 Episode 7: "Matchmaker" Quotes
If a cockroach and a mouse can find love in this crazy world, then so can I!Ted
- Permalink: If a c**kroach and a mouse can find love in this crazy world, th...
Barney: Ted, these chicks are desperate and hot, that's a perfect cocktail, shake well, then sleep with.
Ted: I'm not going to a matchmaker, that's like giving up. It's the man-version of getting a cat
- Permalink: Ted, these chicks are desperate and hot, that's a perfect c**kta...
Come on, Ted, this is an incredible opportunity; we'll meet our soul mates, nail 'em and never call 'em againBarney [referring to matchmaking service]
- Permalink: Come on, Ted, this is an incredible opportunity; we'll meet our ...
Don't give up hope, Ted. There are new women turning 18 every dayEllen
- Permalink: Don't give up hope, Ted. There are new women turning 18 every da...
Lily: Don't Ted-out about it.
Ted: Did you just use my name as a verb?
Barney: Oh, yeah, we do that when you're not around. "Ted-out": to over think. See also "Ted-up". "Ted-up": to over think with disastrous consequences. For example, "Billy Tedded-up when he-"
Ted: All right, I get it
- Permalink: Don't Ted-out about it. Did you just use my name as a verb? ...
Marshall: No, it wasn't a cockroach, it had fur. And only mammals have fur.
Lily: It was a cockroach.
Marshall: Come on Lily, the only way it was a cockroach was if it was wearing the skin of a mouse it just killed.
Lily: Oh my god!
- Permalink: No, it wasn't a c**kroach, it had fur. And only mammals have fur...
Ellen: You give me 3 days and I will find the woman you will marry.
Ted: No, thanks. I don't need an algorithm to meet women. It's New York, you know. Plenty of fish in the sea!
Ellen: Plenty of fish in the sea! [grabs a calculator form the desk and starts clicking away] There's 9 million people in New York. 4.5 million women. Of course, you want to meet someone roughly your own age - let's say plus, minus 5 years. So if you take into account the most recent census data that leaves us with 482,000 women. But wait! 48% of those are already in relationships and then you have to eliminate half for intelligence, sense of humor and compatibility. And then you have to take out the ex girlfriends and the relatives. And, oh, you can't forget those lesbians. And then that leaves us with 8 women.
Ted: That can't be right! Eight? Really? Eight?
Ellen: There are 8 fish in that big blue ocean, Ted. And if you feel confident that you can reel one into your boat without me, there's the door.
Ted: Do you take credit cards?
- Permalink: You give me 3 days and I will find the woman you will marry. N...
Robin: Well, I believe that you saw something perfectly normal, but you've exaggerated it in your mind; you know, um, like the Loch Ness Monster.
Marshall: If by "like the Loch Ness Monster," you mean "totally exists and is awesome," then, yeah, it's like the Loch Ness Monster.
- Permalink: Well, I believe that you saw something perfectly normal, but you...
Marshall: Lily, I love you. [grabs cockamouse and run towards window] Robin, open the window! [throws cockamouse out the window]
Robin: It can fly.
Lily, Marshall: Wow.
Marshall: Be free, mutant beast. I'll miss this private war of ours. I grew to admire your tenacious...Oh my God, it's headed this way
- Permalink: Lily, I love you. Robin, open the window! It can fly. Wow....
Robin: Oh my God. It's real.
Lily: Oh, is it? Do something. [Robin throws drink at the cockamouse] What the hell was that? You're trying to get it drunk?
- Permalink: Oh my God. It's real. Oh, is it? Do something. What the hell ...
Sarah: Ted, just calm down.
Ted: Calm down! You're my only match! There was a computer and there were 8 fish in the sea full of lesbians
- Permalink: Ted, just calm down. Calm down! You're my only match! There wa...
Ted: Look, don't you think you're being a little impulsive marrying a guy you just met a few months ago?
Sarah: Don't you think it's a little impulsive for you to proposition an engaged woman you don't even know?
Ted: See, we're both impulsive. We're perfect for each other
- Permalink: Look, don't you think you're being a little impulsive marrying a...
How do I say this? This is gonna be really hard. Ted, there are absolutely no women out there for you. Phew, actually I got through that OKEllen [to Ted]
- Permalink: How do I say this? This is gonna be really hard. Ted, there are ...
Ellen: All finished, gentlemen? Congratulations, you have just taken your very first step.
Barney: Gosh, thanks, Ellen. I sure hope this works. I'm so done with the single life, all the games, the meaningless sex.
Ellen: You deserve more.
Barney: That is so true, Ellen. I really think I'm ready to stop being a 'me' and start being a 'we'. Hey, is there anyway I can let it be known that I love cuddling?
Ellen: Oh, of course you can. That is so...
Barney: It's kinda hard to talk about with Ted here, but I just want someone who's not afraid to hold me at night when the tears come. Ellen, can you help me find her?
Ellen: Get out
- Permalink: All finished, gentlemen? Congratulations, you have just taken yo...