Seinfeld Season 3 Episode 11: "The Alternate Side" Quotes
(Opening monologue) Seems to me the way they design the car alarm is so that the car will behave as if it was a nervous hysterical person. Anyone goes near it, anyone disturbs it, it's aaaaaahhhhhhh! Lights flashing on and off, acting all crazy. Not everybody wants to draw that much attention to themselves, wouldn't it be nice if you could have a car alarm that was a little more subtle? You know, somebody tries to break in, it goes, Ahem. Ahem. Excuse me? I would like a car alarm like that.Jerry
- Permalink: Seems to me the way they design the car alarm is so that the car...
Agent: Sir, if you had read the contract--
Jerry: Did you see the size of that document? It was like the Declaration of Independence! Who's gonna read that?
- Permalink: Sir, if you had read the contract-- Did you see the size of th...
Elaine: I'll be ostracized from the community.
Jerry: What community? There's a community?
Elaine: Of course there's a community.
Jerry: All these years I'm living in a community, I had no idea.
- Permalink: I'll be ostracized from the community. What community? There's...
(singing to Owen) Yankee beans, Yankee beans, I like my Yankee beans.Elaine
- Permalink: Yankee beans, Yankee beans, I like my Yankee beans.
Sid: (to George) Moving cars from one side of the street to the other don't take no more sense than puttin' on a pair of pants. My question to you is: who's puttin' your pants on?
- Permalink: Who's puttin' your pants on?
Elaine: Could you go out with a 66-year-old woman?
Jerry: Well, I'll tell ya, she would have to be really vibrant. So vibrant, she'd be spinning.
- Permalink: Could you go out with a 66-year-old woman? Well, I'll tell ya,...
George: (taking the lunch check) Here, let me get that. I smashed your car, cost you $2,000...
Jerry: Yeah, a cup of coffee should cover that.
- Permalink: Here, let me get that. I smashed your car, cost you $2,000... ...
Elaine: So, was Mia Farrow there?
Kramer: Uh, I didn't see him.
- Permalink: So, was Mia Farrow there? Uh, I didn't see him.
(Closing monologue) I think the best part of a relationship is when you're sick. And the best part of being sick is when you're in a relationship. And if I was to get married, you know all those vows; for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse, all I need is the sickness. That, to me, is the most important one. Do you take this man in sickness? That's the only time I need somebody there. Rest of the time, go out, have a ball, do whatever you want, but if I get the sniffles, you better be there.Jerry
- Permalink: I think the best part of a relationship is when you're sick. And...