The Big Bang Theory Season 1 Quotes
Wolowitz [to a black nurse]: Okay, I get it. I know how the world works. [flashes a five] How about I introduce you to the man who freed your people?
Nurse: Unless my people were freed by Benjamin Franklin and his five twin brothers, you are wasting your time
- Permalink: Okay, I get it. I know how the world works. How about I introdu...
Sheldon: Leonard made it very clear, he doesn't want a party.
Wolowitz: Did someone say party?
Penny: He just doesn't know he wants one because he never had one.
Wolowitz: I suppose that's possible, but for the record I've never had a threesome and yet I still know I want one.
Penny: Howard here's a difference: the possibility exists that Leonard could have a birthday party before hell freezes over.
Wolowitz: Fine, if I do have a threesome you can't be part of it... I'm just kidding. Yes, you can. Can you bring a friend?
- Permalink: Leonard made it very clear, he doesn't want a party. Did someo...
Penny: Well, Sheldon you are his friend. Friends give each other presents.
Sheldon: I accept your premise; I reject your conclusion.
Wolowitz [whispers]: Try telling him it's a non-optional social convention.
Wolowitz: Just do it.
Penny: It's a non-optional social convention.
Sheldon: Ahh, fair enough.
Wolowitz: He came with a manual
- Permalink: Well, Sheldon you are his friend. Friends give each other presen...
Leonard: I don't celebrate my birthday.
Penny: Shut up. Yeah, you do.
Leonard: It's no big deal. It's just the way I was raised. My parents focused on celebrating achievements and being expelled from a birth canal was not considered one of them
- Permalink: I don't celebrate my birthday. Shut up. Yeah, you do. It's n...
Leonard: How did you know my birthday's Saturday?
Penny: I did your horoscope, remember? I was going to do everybody's until Sheldon went on one of his typical psychotic rants.
Sheldon: For the record, that psychotic rant was a concise summation of the research of Bertram Forer, who, in 1948, proved conclusively through meticulously designed experiments that astrology is nothing but pseudoscientific hokum.
Penny: Blah, blah, a typical Taurus
- Permalink: How did you know my birthday's Saturday? I did your horoscope,...
Penny [on phone]: How about this, you keep him there a little longer, and when you get to the party, I'll point out which of my friends are easy.
Wolowitz: ... Don't toy with me, woman.
Penny: I got a hot former fat girl with no self-esteem, I got a girl who punishes her father by sleeping around, and an alcoholic who's two tequila shots away from letting you wear her like a hat.
Wolowitz: Thy will be done
- Permalink: How about this, you keep him there a little longer, and when you...
Raj: Missy, do you enjoy pajamas?
Missy: I guess.
Raj: We Indians invented them. You're welcome.
Wolowitz: Yeah, well, my people invented circumcision
- Permalink: Missy, do you enjoy pajamas? I guess. We Indians invented th...
Wolowitz: Okay, you two have to back off.
Raj: Why should I back off? You back off, dude.
Leonard: Excuse me, this is my apartment, and she's my roommate's sister.
Howard: So what? You've already got Penny.
Leonard: How do I have Penny? In what universe do I have Penny?
Wolowitz: So, I can have Penny?
Leonard: Hell, no!
- Permalink: Okay, you two have to back off. Why should I back off? You bac...
I'd kill my rabbi with a pork chop to be with your sisterWolowitz
- Permalink: I'd kill my rabbi with a pork chop to be with your sister
Missy: Shelly, can I speak to you a minuteâ€”alone?
Sheldon: Why does everyone suddenly want to talk to me alone? Usually no one wants to be alone with me
- Permalink: Shelly, can I speak to you a minuteâ€”alone? Why does everyone...
Sheldon: You see, I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.
Missy: And what do you mean, "mediocre stock?"
Sheldon: That would be you
- Permalink: You see, I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the ...
Leonard: So, how do you two know each other?
Missy: He once spent nine months with my legs wrapped around his head.
Leonard: Excuse me?
Sheldon: She's my twin sister. She thinks she's funny, but frankly, I've never been able to see it.
Missy: That's because you have no measurable sense of humor, Shelly.
Sheldon: How exactly would one measure a sense of humor? A "humormometer?"
- Permalink: So, how do you two know each other? He once spent nine months ...
Leonard: We need to widen our circle.
Sheldon: I have a very wide circle. I have 212 friends on MySpace.
Leonard: Yes, and you've never met one of them.
Sheldon: That's the beauty of it
- Permalink: We need to widen our circle. I have a very wide circle. I have...
Leonard: At least I didn't have to invent 26 dimensions just to make the math come out.
Sheldon: I didn't invent them, they are there!
Leonard: In what universe?
Sheldon: In all of them, that's the point
- Permalink: At least I didn't have to invent 26 dimensions just to make the ...