Are you a TV Fanatic?
Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive personalized television news for free!
You know, Moe, my mom once said something that really stuck with me. She said, "Homer, you're a big disappointment," and god bless her soul, she was really onto something.
- Permalink: You know, Moe, my mom once said something that really stuck with...
Sherri: Hey, Bart, our dad says your dad is incompetent.
Bart: What does incompetent mean?
Terri: It means he spends more time yakking and scarfing down doughnuts than doing his job.
Bart: Oh, okay, I thought you were putting him down.
- Permalink: Hey, Bart, our dad says your dad is incompetent. What does inc...
You're not as stupid as you look or sound or our best testing indicates.Mr. Burns [to Homer]
- Permalink: You're not as stupid as you look or sound or our best testing in...
Mrs. Krabappel: Now class, I don't want this field trip to be a repeat of our infamous visit to the Springfield State Prison. So, I want you all to be on your best behavior, especially you, Bart Simpson.
Bart: Mrs. Krabappel, I didn't unlock that door!
- Permalink: Now class, I don't want this field trip to be a repeat of our in...
Mrs. Krabappel: Take your seat, Bart.
Bart: Oh, please, Mrs. Krabappel, not next to Wendell. He pukes on every bus ride. No offense, Wendell.
Mrs. Krabappel: Be that as it may, it's the only seat left, so get in there!
(Bart takes his seat next to Wendell.)
Wendell: Please try not to shake the seat like that.
- Permalink: Take your seat, Bart. Oh, please, Mrs. Krabappel, not next to ...
Homer: You know, I defy anyone to tell the difference between these doughnuts and the ones baked today. Hey, my boy's supposed to be here any second on a field trip. They been through here yet?
Co-worker: Come on, Simpson. If they wanted the kids to see you sitting around on your butt and stuffin' your face, they'd take them on a tour of your house.
- Permalink: You know, I defy anyone to tell the difference between these dou...
Bart: All he does is lie there like an unemployed whale.
Lisa: I don't know what else to do.
Bart: There's only one thing we can do: Take advantage of the old guy. You gotta sign my report card, Dad.
- Permalink: All he does is lie there like an unemployed whale. I don't kno...
Kill myself? Killing myself is the last thing I'd ever do. Now I have a purpose, a reason to live. I don't care who I have to face. I don't care who I have to fight. I will not rest until this street gets a stop sign!
- Permalink: Kill myself? Killing myself is the last thing I'd ever do. Now I...
Homer: Ladies and gentlemen, esteemed councilmen, boys and girls, retired people with nothing better to do. Danger comes in many, many forms, from the dinosaurs that tormented our cavemen ancestors, to the--
Councilman: Simpson, get to the point!
Homer: I think we should put a stop sign at "D" street and 12th. The other--
Councilman: All in favor?
Councilman: Approved. Meeting adjourned. Coffee and maple logs in the lobby.
Homer: Wow. They listened to me.
- Permalink: Ladies and gentlemen, esteemed councilmen, boys and girls, retir...
Beer. Now there's a temporary solution.
- Permalink: Beer. Now there's a temporary solution.
There, there, Homer. You'll find a job. You've caused plenty of industrial accidents, and you've always bounced back.Marge
- Permalink: There, there, Homer. You'll find a job. You've caused plenty of ...
(Mr. Burns offers Homer the new job of safety inspector)
Mr. Burns: The generous offer I'm making is good for exactly...30 seconds, Simpson.
Homer's Brain: Me, in charge of safety? This place could blow sky high. Nah. I'll concentrate on my work now. Gee, this guy's desk sure is big. I can't let Marge support the family. This guy's got the cleanest shirt I've ever seen. What should I--.
Mr. Burns: Simpson, time's up.
Homer: Mmm, what the hey. I'll take the job.
Mr. Burns: Excellent.
- Permalink: (Mr. Burns offers Homer the new job of safety inspector) The g...