This week's performance show of American Idol didn't deliver any stink bombs at least. That being said, we can't see Lil Rounds or Anoop Desai advancing much farther.
Conversely, Adam Lambert, Kris Allen and Allison Iraheta stood out from their fellow finalists. These two broke down classic, fast-paced songs into slow, emotional ballads. As usual, Lambert led the way with "If I Can't Have You."
Here's a rundown of each performance:
- Adam Lambert: A slow, emotional rendition of "If I Can't Have You." Kara said it was her favorite performance of the season from Lambert.
- Anoop Desai: We didn't love this version of "Dim All the Lights." But we did dig Anoop in pink.
- Kris Allen: A great, creative job with "She Works Hard For The Money." Allen broke down the song on his acoustic guitar.
- Danny Gokey: Went with Earth, Wind & Fire's "September." The usual strong, emotional rendition from Gokey.
- Matt Giraud: We enjoyed this fun version of "Staying Alive," though Simon didn't share our feelings.
- Allison Iraheta: Took the Donna Summer classic "Hot Stuff" and made it into a ballad that packed a powerful punch.
- Lil Rounds: Solid vocals on "I'm Every Woman," but no creativity to match other finalists.
Want more American Idol?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!