With a storm forcing the girls inside the school, and eventually postponing the SATs, here's what went down this week...
- Byron flirted a bit with Ashley when he went over there to use her fax machine. Both seemed to realize it was inappropriate, though.
- Mona continued to be a major bitch to Lucas, but Hanna stepped in and told her to cool it. At the end of the episode, Lucas thanked Hanna and then wanted to tell her something. But she had already gone. When the camera panned down, we saw Lucas' muddy shoes, implying that he may have been the person to destroy A's memorial.
- That's not what the detective suspects, though. He has fingered Emily for the deed, as he went through her purse and found pieces of the memorial. Emily it was already desecrated when she arrived at it, and fortunately Spencer's mom stepped in and told off the detective for questioning the underage girls without an adult present. We also saw a flashback that involved Emily and A kissing once; and then A turning down Emily's advances and saying she was straight.
After receiving a text in present day for her to find a book in the library, Emily discovered a letter she had written to A that explained her feelings for her. The detective was now in possession of it.
- Spencer's mom said she approved of Alex because she got drunk in the club many weeks ago and confided in him about a breast cancer scare. He had kept quiet and not told anyone about it.
- Aria agreed to go on a date with Noel after the pair bonded in a classroom and almost kissed. Ezra returned and walked in on this near-action. Aria soon yelled at him and asked where he had been and he said he went to New York to think about everything and consider a new job.