Are you a TV Fanatic?
Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive personalized television news for free!
On yet another exciting episode of The Vampire Diaries...
- Bonnie accidentally walked into Mason and got a vision of him kissing Elena. Stefan figured out it was really Katherine and asked Bonnie to help him and Damon apprehend the werewolf. She did so, using her powers, and Mason ended up chained to a chair in the Salvatore house. Damon had fun torturing him, but the only real answer Mason for his actions was that he was in love with Katherine.
Out of pity, anger and jealousy, Damon tore the werewolf's heart out. He then called Katherine and rubbed it in her face.
- Bonnie also learned the moonstone was hidden in a well. Stefan went down to get it, needing help from Elena because the well was full of vervain. But the pair was successful and then Jeremy determined that the rock takes away the werewolf curse. It means those afflicted with it can turn at any time, not just when there's a full moon. We still don't know why Katherine wants it, but she seems very upset the enemy now possesses it.
- Caroline bonded with her mother, who realized Caroline is stronger and more confident than ever as a vampire. She didn't even want to be compelled because she wanted to enjoy this new daughter. But Caroline though it was a bad idea for her mom to have the knowledge of what the Salvatores are and, therefore, compelled it all away.
- Katherine called Elena and made it clear she was on to her and Stefan's ruse. She knew they were really still together. How? She had snuck into the Gilbert home and stolen Jenna's vervain-filled perfume and tea. She had compelled Elena's aunt to provide her with information... and also to want to kill herself. At that moment, Jenna stuck a knife into her own stomach! She was rushed to the hospital and will be okay, but Elena and Stefan realized they couldn't keep seeing each other. They were putting loved ones at risk.
As a result, they broke up. Damon also felt bad about his role in all this, how he called Katherine and bragged about killing Mason.
- The episode ended with Katherine compelling Matt. She said she needs a new werewolf and needs him to provoke Tyler until he kills him.