Alex Karev Quotes
Dr. Perkins: Why did you walk away?
Alex: Look life is too short. I almost died trying to stop that guy. Besides, you know how much tail you get offered when you're carrying a bullet in your chest. It's like I'm a legend.
Dr. Perkins: Are you always this crass or is that a defense mechanism?
Alex: I've had too much crazy for one lifetime.
- Permalink: Why did you walk away? Look life is too short. I almost died t...
It's like the computer froze!
- Permalink: It's like the computer froze!
Meredith: So you and Lexie..
Meredith: I mean I'm just saying you and Lexie are a thing now, not just...
Alex: I'm acting like a duck.
Alex: I figure if you walk like a duck and quack like a duck, you eventually start to feel like a duck. And Lexie is nice and normal and healthy. I'm acting like a guy who can stick with nice, normal and healthy.
Meredith: You're becoming a duck.
Alex: I am becoming a duck.
- Permalink: So you and Lexie.. What? I mean I'm just saying you and Lex...
Lexie: The point is - I need to know what we are. What this is.
Alex: We're a thing, yeah we're together. We're a thing. Whatever.
- Permalink: The point is - I need to know what we are. What this is. We'r...
Wanna go upstairs and make-out?
- Permalink: Wanna go upstairs and make-out?
You don't have any fat.
- Permalink: You don't have any fat.
Alex: You going home?
Alex: Wanna go home together?
- Permalink: You going home? Yeah. Wanna go home together? Yeah.
Look, I am sorry we've been tip toeing around you all day trying not to make jokes, but you are the one who's got to stop. Stop calling yourself the fat guy. You've got a wife that loves you - that stuck by you through all of this. You did something right to deserve that. Look, I know what it's like to have life hand you so much crap that you just want to sit on the couch and die, but you got to look at what's in front of you. You can't just walk out on her now. She deserves better. Chances are you are gonna die on that table, then you get what you want. But, at least your wife will think you tried. She will tell your kid that you tried. Give them that at least.
- Permalink: Look, I am sorry we've been tip toeing around you all day trying...
Don't analyze everything. Just do it.
- Permalink: Don't analyze everything. Just do it.
Dude, it's like working with Forrest Gump.
- Permalink: Dude, it's like working with Forrest Gump.
Alex: You know you're nothing like your mother, right?
Meredith: You're nothing like your father.
Alex: You're good - so you would be good - you'd be a good mom.
- Permalink: You know you're nothing like your father, right? You're nothin...
Richard: If I wasn't happily married - I'd hit her, I'd hit her hard.
Alex: Sir, I think you wanted to say is - I'd hit that.
Bailey: I don't think you wanted to say that - at all.
- Permalink: If I wasn't happily married - I'd hit her, I'd hit her hard. ...
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."Meredith (closing voiceover)
- Permalink: Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without y...
There's a reason I said I'd be happy alone. It wasn't 'cause I thought I'd be happy alone. It was because I thought if I loved someone and then it fell apart, I might not make it. It's easier to be alone, because what if you learn that you need love and you don't have it? What if you like it and lean on it? What if you shape your life around it and then it falls apart? Can you even survive that kind of pain? Losing love is like organ damage. It's like dying. The only difference is death ends. This? It could go on forever.Meredith
- Permalink: There's a reason I said I'd be happy alone. It wasn't 'cause I t...