Richard Webber Quotes
RICHARD: "What kind of idiot lights a cigarette in a hospital?"
DEREK: "Apparently people do idiotic things all the time."
- Permalink: What kind of idiot lights a cigarette in a hospital? Apparent...
DEREK: "Can I ask you a personal question? Why did you leave Meredith's mother?"
RICHARD: "I could have left Adele. I could have gone away with Ellis. But I would have had so much baggage, so much guilt. Ellis couldn't see it, but I wasn't... I would have never made her happy. Not like she was certain to be happy. I was a better man for walking away. I loved her enough to walk away."
- Permalink: Can I ask you a personal question? Why did you leave Meredith's...
RICHARD: "Dr. Sloan?"
MARK: "Dr. Webber!"
RICHARD: "What are you doing in Seattle?"
MARK: [pauses] "I don't know... I have a thing for ferryboats."
- Permalink: Dr. Sloan? Dr. Webber! What are you doing in Seattle? I ...
RICHARD: "I respect it. I really do. But I can't allow it. Violates all sorts of codes and you know it."
CALLIE: "So you're kicking me out, but you're allowed to live in your office?"
RICHARD: [pauses] "You noticed that, huh."
CALLIE: "I'm pretty observant."
RICHARD: "Well, guess if I'm throwing you out I better follow my own rules."
- Permalink: I respect it. I really do. But I can't allow it. Violates all s...
Richard: Adele, I just need more time.
Adele: I don't have any more time to give.
- Permalink: Adele, I just need more time. I don't have any more time to g...
DEREK: "Where is she?"
RICHARD: "You had to be the cowboy..."
DEREK: "Where is she?!"
ADDISON: "Derek! Thank God, you're alive."
ADELE: "That is not the she he was asking for."
- Permalink: Where is she? You had to be the cowboy... Where is she?! ...
DEREK: "You realize this requires Meredith's power of attorney."
RICHARD: "I know."
DEREK: "Well, we need to tell her. It's probably better if it comes from you. With me there's baggage. With you, you're just trying to help out a friend."
RICHARD: [pauses] "Right, right."
- Permalink: You realize this requires Meredith's power of attorney. I kno...
"You're not here to make friends, Addison. You're here to make better surgeons. Being a teacher can be a lonely business."
- Permalink: You're not here to make friends, Addison. You're here to make b...
"Just shut up and count backwards already.""Richard... you're a good friend." RICHARD
- Permalink: PATIENT Richard... you're a good friend. Just shut up and cou...
MIRANDA: "You are a surgical junkie. Go home!"
RICHARD: "Adele is already mad. I'm in trouble no matter what ... and there's a wipple happening in OR2."
MIRANDA: "Go home, right now!"
RICHARD: [walking away] "You know this kind of treatment is the reason they call you the Nazi!"
MIRANDA: [smiles] "Happy Thanksgiving."
- Permalink: You are a surgical junkie. Go home! Adele is already mad. I'm...
MEREDITH: "We have... custody of a penis?"
RICHARD: "Yes. Until the cops come for it."
MEREDITH: "Okay, well, what am I supposed to do with the penis?"
- Permalink: We have... custody of a penis? Yes. Until the cops come for i...
MIRANDA: "I'm pregnant, you blind moron."
RICHARD: "Youâ€™re what?"
MIRANDA: My heart rate is 110, Iâ€™m burning 3,000 calories a day, my legs are swollen, I've got indigestion and gas. Did you know carrying a boy in your uterus means you burn 10 percent more calories than if you had a girl? Guess what Iâ€™m carrying. I tried for seven damn years and a month before my fellowship notifications the stick turns blue. Men. From the very beginning they just suck the life right out of you. Iâ€™m not leaving. Iâ€™m pregnant."
- Permalink: I'm pregnant, you blind moron. Youâ€™re what? My heart rate...
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."Meredith (closing voiceover)
- Permalink: Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without y...
Lexie: [narrating] Grief may be a thing we all have in common, but it looks different on everyone.
Mark: It isn't just death we have to grieve. It's life. It's loss. It's change.
Alex: And when we wonder why it has to suck so much sometimes, has to hurt so bad. The thing we gotta try to remember is that it can turn on a dime.
Izzie: That's how you stay alive. When it hurts so much you can't breathe, that's how you survive.
Derek: By remembering that one day, somehow, impossibly, you won't feel this way. It won't hurt this much.
Bailey: Grief comes in its own time for everyone, in its own way.
Owen: So the best we can do, the best anyone can do, is try for honesty.
Meredith: The really crappy thing, the very worst part of grief is that you can't control it.
Arizona: The best we can do is try to let ourselves feel it when it comes.
Callie: And let it go when we can.
Meredith: The very worst part is that the minute you think you're past it, it starts all over again.
Cristina: And always, every time, it takes your breath away.
Meredith: There are five stages of grief. They look different on all of us, but there are always five.
- Permalink: Grief may be a thing we all have in common, but it looks differe...