Rufus Humphrey Quotes
Rufus: I'll make dinner tonight and we can hear all about your first day.
Lily: You don't want to go to the break fast at the Waldorf's?
Rufus: Not really in the mood.
Lily: Oh. Isn't that ironic. The state lifts my house arrest and you lock yourself up.
- Permalink: I'll make dinner tonight and we can hear all about your first da...
Dan: Is everything okay?
Rufus: Well last night was your big night. I didn't want to ruin it for you.
Dan: Well it kind of went down on its own. What's going on? Did you not like the book?
Rufus: Of course I did, you're a beautiful writer. It just... broke my heart.
Rufus: I gave up my career to raise you and I never regretted it, not once. Until yesterday when I read what you really think about it. A has-been turned trophy husband who married for money.
Dan: No, that is not what I think of you. You more than anybody should understand artistic license.
Rufus: I never expected to be your hero. I just didn't think I'd end up the fool.
- Permalink: Is everything okay? Well last night was your big night. I didn...
Dan: Hey Dad.
Rufus: Your reviews. I guess you have a lot of reading to do today.
- Permalink: Hey Dad. Your reviews. I guess you have a lot of reading to do...
Dan: I want to make it clear: this book is a work of fiction. And after you read it I hope you'll feel good enough about itâ€”and meâ€”that, uh, you'll come to this book party tonight. The publisher is announcing that I'm the author, so...
Nate: Yeah. Of course we'll be there.
Dan: Well read it first. And then decide, because, you know, I didn't have the chance to make changes and there were some instances where it's not exactly how I would have wanted it.
Rufus: Well an artist never feels his work is perfect. It's good to always strive for more. I am so proud of you, son.
- Permalink: This book is a work of fiction. And after you read it I hope you...
Dan: Hey, everyone. Thank you so much for coming.
Serena: I only have five minutes.
Blair: This better be really important.
Nate: What is this all about?
Lily: Is everything all right?
Charlie: This isn't about me, right?
Rufus: Yeah. What's going on, Dan?
Chuck: This is going to be fun.
- Permalink: Hey, everyone. Thank you so much for coming. I only have five ...
Nate: What are you guys doing here?
Blair: We must have all gotten the same text from Dan.
Rufus: The last time he was this secretive he showed up with a baby.
Chuck: Don't worry, you're not about to become a grandfather. Though Dan is about to give birth in another way.
Serena walking in: Okay, I'm pretty sure this is how every murder mystery begins.
- Permalink: What are you guys doing here? We must have all gotten the same...
To my beautiful wife, her freedom, and the end of the ankle bracelet.
- Permalink: To my beautiful wife, her freedom, and the end of the ankle brac...
No phones. I like this party already.
- Permalink: No phones. I like this party already.
Rufus: I just got the call. You are officially a free woman.
Lily: Oh my god, Rufus. Is this for real?
Rufus: One hundred percent. Your ankle monitor was deactivated an hour ago.
- Permalink: I just got the call. You are officially a free woman. Oh my go...