Bones Season 5 Quotes
Booth: Come on Bones, you don't believe that there are other real life forms out there?
Bones: Well the ... probability is very high, but any alien visiting this planet would have sufficient intelligence not to die in the middle of the desert.
- Permalink: Come on Bones, you don't believe that there are other real life ...
Booth: Hey, FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth. This here is Dr. Temperance Brennan from the Jeffersonian.
Sheriff Bonds: Sheriff Jerry Bonds. But you probably got that from my shiny badge, my imposing gun, and my big hat.
Booth: Yeah, right.
- Permalink: Hey, FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth. This here is Dr. Temperance...
Blaine Miller: Oh. Oh you're here about that body they found up at Vinton's place.
Brennan: We never mentioned a body, Mr. Miller.
Blaine Miller: Nothing travels faster than the speed of light than gossip in a small town.
- Permalink: Oh. Oh you're here about that body they found up at Vinton's pla...
Brennan: It's not a spaceship.
Booth: Well, if it smells like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck ...
Brennan: But then it would be a duck, not a spaceship, so your point escapes me.
Booth: It's just a metaphor.
- Permalink: It's not a spaceship. Well, if it smells like a duck, walks li...
Sweets: I don't think you're jealous. I think that you're grieving ... what you've lost.
Hodgins: Grieving? As in grief?
Hodgins: Man, the only thing that cures grief is time. Unless you're recommending a lot of alcohol.
Sweets: I can't really recommend alcohol.
Hodgins: Man, it would be great if you could though, right? (laughs)
Sweets: I recommend time.
Hodgins: So just ... smile and act like a good guy?
Sweets: You are a good guy.
Hodgins: You know, there was a time that I thought that Angela and I would be together forever.
- Permalink: I don't think you're jealous. I think that you're grieving ... w...
No probing! No probing!Booth
- Permalink: No probing! No probing!
It's very satisfying to use an insulting colloquialism, even when it isn't accurate.Brennan
- Permalink: It's very satisfying to use an insulting colloquialism, even whe...
Important blogger? Talk about an oxymoron.Booth
- Permalink: Important blogger? Talk about an oxymoron.
Angela: Okay, let's do it your way.
Wendell: You mean talk to Hodgins or...?
- Permalink: Okay, let's do it your way. You mean talk to Hodgins or...?
Booth: Hey hey! Good old Ben, you know, he invented electricity and the 100-dollar bill.
Margaret Whitesell: Neither one of those things is true.
- Permalink: Hey hey! Good old Ben, you know, he invented electricity and the...
Booth: You know, when I say heartbreaking you say the heart is a muscle, so it can't break. It can only get crushed.
Brennan: Isn't it heartcrushing?
Booth: You want to go to his funeral?
Brennan: Yes, I would. Then she won't be alone.
Booth: You know what, Bones? Sometimes I think your heart muscle is bigger than people give you credit for.
- Permalink: You know, when I say heartbreaking you say the heart is a muscle...
Hodgins: Where's your chest hair?
Booth: I'm highly evolved!
Brennan: His pubic extension is entirely within normal --
Booth: Okay! Enough!
- Permalink: Where's your chest hair? I'm highly evolved! His pubic exten...
Sweets: Do you miss anything about the alternative life you experienced while in a coma?
Booth: (thoughtful) Yeah... (smiles) The clothes. Hm. I miss those clothes, they were great clothes.
- Permalink: Do you miss anything about the alternative life you experienced ...
Camille: The things that make you a great cop have nothing to do with the socks. What's really on your mind?
Booth: All right. Um, that uh, place that I went to, you know, in my coma dream.
Booth: It was just, Bones and I, it was so real.
Camille: You're in love with Dr. Brennan. (Booth stares at her, she smiles)
Booth: What I'm wondering is, am I the same guy?
Camille: Uhh ... sweet, kickass, FBI murder solver with hard fists and a lion heart?
Booth: Uh huh.
Camille: Yep, you're still him.
- Permalink: The things that make you a great cop have nothing to do with the...