How I Met Your Mother Season 1 Episode 1: "Pilot" Quotes
Lily: Wow, you're cooking?
Marshall: Yes, I am.
Lily: Awww. Are you sure that's a good idea after last time? You looked really creepy without eyebrows
- Permalink: Wow, you're cooking? Yes, I am. Awww. Are you sure that's a ...
Robin: I think I like your olive theory.
Ted: I think I like your new French horn.
Robin: I think I like your nose.
Ted: I think I'm in love with you
- Permalink: I think I like your olive theory. I think I like your new Fren...
Taxi driver: Actually, I'm from Bangladesh.
Barney: The women hot there?
Taxi driver: Here's a picture of my wife.
Barney [whispering]: A simple no would've sufficed
- Permalink: Actually, I'm from Bangladesh. The women hot there? Here's a...
Ted: You know what? I'm done being single, I'm not good at it. Look, obviously you can't tell a woman you just met that you love her, but it sucks that you can't. I'll tell you something though, if a woman, not you, just some hypothetical woman, were to bear with me through all this, I think I'd make a damn good husband, because that's the stuff I'd be good at. Stuff like making her laugh and being a good father and walking her five hypothetical dogs. Being a good kisser...
Robin: Everyone thinks they're a good kisser.
Ted: Oh, I've got references
- Permalink: You know what? I'm done being single, I'm not good at it. Look, ...
Older Ted: That, kids, is the true story of how I met your Aunt Robin.
Son: Aunt Robin?
Daughter: I thought this was how you met Mom?
Older Ted: Will you relax? I'm getting to it. Like I said, it's a long story
- Permalink: That, kids, is the true story of how I met your Aunt Robin. Au...
Ugh! I'm exhausted, it was finger-painting day at school and a five year old boy... [opens jacket to reveal a hand shaped stain on her blouse] ...got to second base with meLily
- Permalink: Ugh! I'm exhausted, it was finger-painting day at school and a f...
Robin: I'm going to Orlando for a week on Friday. Some guy is attempting to make the world's biggest pancake. Guess who's covering it?
Ted: That's gonna' take a week?
Robin: Yeah, he's gonna eat it too. It's another record.
- Permalink: I'm going to Orlando for a week on Friday. Some guy is attemptin...
Ted: So, you're a reporter?
Robin: Sorta, I do those fluff stories at the end of the show, like... Monkey can play a ukulele. I'm hoping for some bigger stories.
Ted: Bigger... like, a Gorilla with an upright bass? Sorry, you're very pretty
- Permalink: So, you're a reporter? Sorta, I do those fluff stories at the ...
Ted: She didn't even give me the signal!
Barney: What, is she gonna bat her eyes at you in morse code? [bats eyes] Ted... kiss me. No! You just kiss her!
Ted: Not if you don't get the signal!
[Barney spontaneously kisses Marshall]
Barney: Did Marshall give me the signal?
Marshall: No! [to Lily] I didn't, I swear!
- Permalink: She didn't even give me the signal! What, is she gonna bat her...
Robin: My friend just got dumped, so tonight all men are "the Enemy".
Ted: If it would make your friend feel better, you can throw a drink in my face.
Robin: She would love that!
- Permalink: My friend just got dumped, so tonight all men are the Enemy. I...
Ted: That was not the signal!
Older Ted: I asked her about it years later, and, yes, that was the signal
- Permalink: That was not the signal! I asked her about it years later, and...
Son, a piece of advice, never use the words "smurf penis" on a first dateOlder Ted
- Permalink: Son, a piece of advice, never use the words smurf penis on a fir...
Barney [playing laser tag, on phone with Ted]: Hey, loser. How's not playing laser tag? Because playing laser tag is awesome! [kid fires at Barney as he runs by] Oh, I killed you, Conner! Don't make me get your mom!
Ted: Hey, listen, I need your help on something.
Barney: Okay, meet me at the bar in 15 minutes. And suit up!
- Permalink: Hey, loser. How's not playing laser tag? Because playing laser t...
Barney: Lesson one, lose the goatee, it doesn't go with your suit.
Ted: I'm not wearing a suit.
Barney: Lesson two, get a suit. Suits are cool, exhibit A. [points to his own suit] Lesson three, don't even think about getting married til you're thirty.
- Permalink: Lesson one, lose the goatee, it doesn't go with your suit. I'm...