Seinfeld Season 2 Episode 1: "The Ex-Girlfriend" Quotes
I think I swallowed a fly! I swallowed a fly! What do I do? What can happen?George
- Permalink: I think I swallowed a fly! I swallowed a fly! What do I do? What...
Jerry: He's a doctor. You gotta pay what he says.
George: Oh, no, no, no. I pay what I say.
- Permalink: He's a doctor. You gotta pay what he says. Oh, no, no, no. I p...
George: I think you absolutely have to say something to this guy. Confront him.
Elaine: Would you do that?
George: If I was a different person.
- Permalink: I think you absolutely have to say something to this guy. Confro...
Elaine: Did you get a haircut?
Jerry: Nope. Shower.
- Permalink: Did you get a haircut? Nope. Shower.
Elaine: You're a little homophobic aren't ya?
George: Is it that obvious?
- Permalink: You're a little homophobic aren't ya? Is it that obvious?
I'm always in traffic with the lane expert, you know this person? Constantly re-evaluating their lane choice. Never quite sure "is this the best lane for me for my life?". Always a little bit ahead of you; "can I get in over there, can I get ahead of you, can I get in there?". Yeah, come on over here pal, we're zooming over here! This is the secret lane, nobody knows about it.Jerry
- Permalink: I'm always in traffic with the lane expert, you know this person...
The waiting room. I hate when they make you wait in the room. 'Cause it says "Waiting Room." There's no chance of not waiting. 'Cause they call it the waiting room, they're gonna use it. They've got it. It's all set up for you to wait. And you sit there, you know, and you've got your little magazine. You pretend you're reading it, but you're really looking at the other people. You know, you're thinking about them. Things like, "I wonder what he's got. As soon as she goes, I'm getting her magazine." And then, they finally call you and it's a very exciting moment. They finally call you, and you stand up and you kinda look around at the other people in the room. "Well, I guess I've been chosen. I'll see you all later." You know, so you think you're going to see the doctor, but you're not, are you? No. You're going into the next waiting room the littler waiting room. But if they are, you know, doing some sort of medical thing to you, you want to be in the smallest room that they have, I think. You don't want to be in the largest room that they have. You know what I mean? You ever see these operating theatres that they have, with like, stadium seating? You don't want them doing anything to you that makes other doctors go, "I have to see this! Are you kidding? Are they really gonna do that to him? Are there seats? Can we get in?" Do they scalp tickets to these things? "I got two for the Winslow tumor, I got two"Jerry
- Permalink: The waiting room. I hate when they make you wait in the room. 'C...
The apartment elevators are always slower than the offices, because you don't have to be home on time.Jerry
- Permalink: The apartment elevators are always slower than the offices, beca...
What is this obsession people have with books? They put them in their houses like they're trophies. What do you need it for after you read it?Jerry
- Permalink: What is this obsession people have with books? They put them in ...
I only eat cantaloupe at certain times.Jerry
- Permalink: I only eat cantaloupe at certain times.
A relationship is an organism. You created this thing and then you starved it, so it turned against you. Same thing happened to the Blob.Jerry
- Permalink: A relationship is an organism. You created this thing and then y...
George: Look, do I have to break up with her in person? Can't I do it over the phone? I have no stomach for these things.
Jerry: You should just do it like a band-aid: one motion, right off!
- Permalink: Look, do I have to break up with her in person? Can't I do it ov...