So, what did everybody think? I thought the character of Madam...
Woman: So, what did everybody think?
Lynette: I thought the character of Madame Bovary was ... very inspirational.
Woman: Inspirational? She poisons herself with arsenic.
Woman: You didn't read until the end?
Lynette: I stopped after page 50.
Woman: Am I the only one who read the book?
Susan: I saw the movie. It was really good.
Woman: Ladies! I'm sorry, but wh-wh-what is the point of having a book club if we don't read the book?
- Susan Mayer, Lynette Scavo
- Desperate Housewives Season 1 Episode 7: "Anything You Can Do"
- Desperate Housewives
- Related Quotes:
- Susan Mayer Quotes, Lynette Scavo Quotes, Desperate Housewives Season 1 Episode 7 Quotes, Desperate Housewives Quotes
- Added by:
- Eric Hochberger
Mike: I know how this looks, but there is nothing between us. Kendra is just an old friend.
Susan: Old friend?
Mike: Yeah, you know...
Susan: Yeah. Yeah. No, actually no, I don't know. So, by old friend, do you mean college pal, bowling buddy, saved you from drowning?
Mike: It's hard to explain.
Susan: Could you give it a shot?
- Permalink: I know how this looks, but there is nothing between us. Kendra i...
Paul: Look, I just want to move this place fast. I'll do whatever we have to do.
Edie: Well, that's good to know. You do realize that you're going to have to disclose the fact that your wife killed herself in the house.
Paul: I am?
Edie: Oh, yeah. Legal crap. You know, people get really freaked out by suicides. You can't blame them. Hell, I get the willies just standing here.
Paul: Is there any way to get around it?
Edie: Off the record? You could say that she shot herself in the living room, and then crawled out back to die
- Permalink: Look, I just want to move this place fast. I'll do whatever we h...