You got married on a post-it! I got married on a post-it. Yo...
Izzie: You got married on a post-it!
Meredith: I got married on a post-it.
Cristina: You guys got married for real!
Izzie: I got cancer!
Alex: O'Malley got hit by a bus!
[all laugh hysterically]
- Meredith Grey, Cristina Yang, Izzie Stevens, Alex Karev
- Grey's Anatomy Season 6 Episode 1: "Good Mourning"
- Grey's Anatomy
- Related Quotes:
- Meredith Grey Quotes, Cristina Yang Quotes, Izzie Stevens Quotes, Alex Karev Quotes, Grey's Anatomy Season 6 Episode 1 Quotes, Grey's Anatomy Quotes
- Added by:
- Steve Marsi
In medical school, we have a hundred lessons that teach us how to fight off death, and not one lesson on how to go on living.Meredith (narrating)
- Permalink: In medical school, we have a hundred lessons that teach us how t...
According to Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, when we're dying or have suffered a catastrophic loss, we all move through five distinct stages of grief. We go into denial because the loss is so unthinkable we can't imagine it's true. We become angry with everyone, angry with survivors, angry with ourselves. Then we bargain. We beg. We plead. We offer everything we have, we offer our souls in exchange for just one more day. When the bargaining has failed and the anger is too hard to maintain, we fall into depression, despair, until finally we have to accept that we've done everything we can. We let go. We let go and move into acceptance.Meredith (narrating)
- Permalink: According to Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, when we're dying or have suf...