Going Going Gone
Grey's Anatomy Season 9 Episode 1 (09/27/12)
Three months after the plane crash, Grey’s Anatomy returned.
- Cristina is in Minnesota working.
- Alex has plans to leave for the Hopkins program. He meets the new peds attending and decides to stay.
- Derek is cleared for surgery but his hand goes numb while operating.
- Sloan has been in a coma for 30 days. His wish was to be taken off extreme life measures if there was no change in 30 days. The plug is pulled and Callie and Derek stay at his side until he passes.
- Meredith and Cristina try to fly to see each other but neither are able to do it.
- Owen goes to see April and asks her to come back and work at the hospital.
- Arizona lost her leg after the plane crash.
- A new set of interns start at SGH. They are afraid of Meredith and call her Medusa.