On this week's episode of The Mentalist...
- Henry Dahl is found murdered in a motel room. He was shot in the head eight to ten times. Henry was recently released from prison. He was convicted of raping and murdering Jenny Winters but was pardoned after a new DNA test exonerated him.
- Karen Cross, a reporter for Trial TV was the state prosecutor who convicted Dahl. She paid Dahl to be on her talk show and believed he was guilty despite the pardon.
- Jane agrees to appear on Cross’ talk show. He invites all of the suspects in Henry Dahl’s murder and gives them all candles. He goes into his fake psychic routine and says that the guilty person’s candle will light on it’s own. Jackson Winters’ candle suddenly begins burning. (It’s a trick candle.) He is Jenny Winters’ son.
- Jackson’s father Max confesses to shooting Dahl. His son didn’t do it but knows his Dad is guilty. Max had tampered with the DNA evidence to have Dahl released so he could personally revenge his wife’s death. But Dahl was already dead when Max shot him.
- Dahl had been e-mailing an old girlfriend, Betsy. When Betsy’s husband Sean found out about the e-mails he confronted Dahl. Dahl threatened to slit Betsy’s throat, the same way he killed Jenny. Sean hit him in the head, killing him.
Tea? It's like a hug in a cup.Jane
- Permalink: Tea? It's like a hug in a cup.
Jane: I programmed my dreams to work on the Red John case.
Lisbon: Oh, well then make sure you put in for overtime.
- Permalink: I programmed my dreams to work on the Red John case. Oh, well...