Charlotte King Quotes
Charlotte: My mom always says God doesn't give with both hands. You're young, beautiful, brilliant. There has to be something you can't have.
Amelia: Some days I'd give that all up.
Charlotte: That's just the craving talking. The longer you go without a drink...
Amelia: I drank at your wedding. I thought it was ginger ale. I spit it out.
Charlotte: OK, since then?
Amelia: Nothing, but I can't stop thinking about it.
Charlotte: It was an accident. Don't let a slip turn into a fall. Get your butt to a meeting.
- Permalink: My mom always says God doesn't give with both hands. You're youn...
Cooper: I think it's a mistake for us to do this. Everyone out there, they're miserable. Our parents don't think it's going to work. The practice is falling apart. Everyone is fighting. I don't care what anybody thinks or how they feel - not today.
Charlotte: I don't understand.
Cooper: All that matters is you and me. And the rest of them, they don't have to agree or to like it or to like each other because this is not for them or about them.
- Permalink: I think it's a mistake for us to do this. Everyone out there, th...
We're junkies together. That makes us BFF's in my book.
- Permalink: We're junkies together. That makes us BFF's in my book.
Cooper: Sure then, Charlie.
Charlotte: You call me that again...you will be hobbling down that aisle.
- Permalink: Sure then, Charlie. You call me that again...you will be hobbl...
The problem is not going to fix itself if it's bothering you this much.
- Permalink: The problem is not going to fix itself if it's bothering you thi...
Charlotte: It's just back then you were the right choice - the perfect guy. My parents loved you. My friends loved you. I loved you. And now knowing that I fell in love with a man who could never love me back, not what I needed. I never thought of myself as woman who makes bad choices.
Billy: Is that what this is about? You feel like an idiot? You couldn't have known. Hell, I didn't know, but, this time don't you think you got it right?
- Permalink: It's just back then you were the right choice - the perfect guy....
Charlotte: Here's the thing. I don't know your father. And maybe when you were a newborn, he did look at you and wished that you were Andy 'cause frankly all babies look the same. They're all bald, wailing, poop machines, but the minute you started to grow - you were Cooper, not some replacement child.
Cooper: What did you do?
Charlotte: You can't give up on the things you love - not ever.
- Permalink: Here's the thing. I don't know your father. And maybe when you w...
If you are able to forgive Francis, she won't be able to control you anymore. She is who she is. You are who you are, and the only thing that's important is how you move forward, but that's up to you.Violet
- Permalink: If you are able to forgive Francis, she won't be able to control...
Charlotte: Why didn't you tell me you played piano?
Cooper: It didn't seem important.
Charlotte: Sounds like you used to love it.
Cooper: I used to love to eat paste, too.
Charlotte: Why'd you give it up?
Cooper: The piano or the paste?
- Permalink: Why didn't you tell me you played piano? It didn't seem import...