Narrator: And Michael arrived home determined to prove that he was, in fact, fun.
Michael: I just booked us a little fishing trip.
George Michael: Why, what did I do?
- Permalink: And Michael arrived home determined to prove that he was, in fac...
Narrator: And Michael tried to find the money the accountant said was missing.
George Sr.: I don't know. I probably stole it. I mean, if he says it's missing, it is. Unless he stole it. Hey, maybe he stole it.
Michael: He's the one who said it's missing.
George Sr.: Yeah, I probably stole it.
- Permalink: And Michael tried to find the money the accountant said was miss...
As Gob was forced to send away someone he loved, George Sr. was forced to visit someone he had once tried to shove out of a moving car.
- Permalink: As Gob was forced to send away someone he loved, George Sr. was ...
Michael: Boy, the lengths you'll go to sleep with a woman.
Gob: Believe me, we didn't do any sleeping. I had sex last night.
Narrator: But he really didn't.
Gob: Yes, I did.
- Permalink: Boy, the lengths you'll go to sleep with a woman. Believe me, ...
Narrator: That morning, however, she had some startling news for him.
Cindi: I'm a mole.
George Sr.: Well, you know, God - God doesn't care how big your teeth are. Yes, you could go to a dentist and you could, whoo - you could grind off about - I don't know - 30%. Maybe more. Yeah, I wouldn't miss it.
- Permalink: That morning, however, she had some startling news for him. I'...
White Power Bill: No more teaching from you.
George Sr.: No teaching, no teaching.
Narrator: It was at that moment that George Sr. reunited with his son-in-law.
George Sr.: Tobias, what the hell are you doing here?
Tobias: I'm here to study with you. To learn from you. Teach me.
George Sr.: There's no teaching. There's no teaching.
- Permalink: No more teaching from you. No teaching, no teaching. It was ...
Ms. Baerly: Oh, hi. Hi, George Michael. I was just looking at this model home. I'm going to go home and think about it. I'm going to go home and think about it.
George Michael: Dad, what was she doing here? I mean, she wasn't ...
Narrator: Michael knew he had an ethical responsibility to tell his son the truth.
Michael: Yes. Your Uncle Gob slept with her.
- Permalink: Oh, hi. Hi, George Michael. I was just looking at this model hom...
Michael was sharing his bed for the first time in years ... unfortunately, it was with his younger brother, Buster.
- Permalink: Michael was sharing his bed for the first time in years ... unfo...
But Gob mistook Michael's basic human decency for a romantic interest, and felt a competitive urge to step in.
- Permalink: But Gob mistook Michael's basic human decency for a romantic int...
Narrator: So, George Michael, still angry at Gob, sought out the family expert on making trouble.
Maeby: I know he was dating that girl Shannon.
George Michael: The cheerleader?
Maeby: Yeah, she's probably going to take him to that stupid Diversity Dance. I wish I had someone shocking to take. You know, I actually called Mr. Daniels and asked him, but he got all out of breath and dropped the phone. I never heard back.
George Michael: You know, maybe we should go together. All right, I mean, it's a bad example, I just ... but should we?
- Permalink: So, George Michael, still angry at Gob, sought out the family ex...
Maeby: I'm glad to have this family, you know. 'Cause I know I said some bad stuff, but it's much better here than it was in Boston. And I have a cousin here, so even if my parents do get divorced, I have you, right?
Narrator: George Michael realized that no matter how much it upset him, he didn't want to take Maeby's family away from her.
George Michael: Yeah, you got us all right.
Maeby: Now, all I need is a boyfriend.
- Permalink: I'm glad to have this family, you know. 'Cause I know I said som...
Narrator: On the next Arrested Development, Tobias quietly overcompensates.
(Tobias enters the dining room, where Michael, Lindsey, Buster, and GOB are having breakfast, totally nude and streaching his arms)
Tobias: Please, tell me there's some coffee left. (Pours a cup of coffee.) I slept very well last night. (Kisses Lindsey on the cheek and leaves.)
- Permalink: On the next Arrested Development, Tobias quietly overcompensates...
Want more Arrested Development?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!