Grey's Anatomy Season 5 Quotes
Izzie: Maybe Cristina's right. Maybe trying to teach the interns is pointless.
George: Please, don't listen to Cristina. She thinks just because you'd rather teach then take out a gall bladder that you're the new me.
Izzie: Haha, O'Malley the sequel.
George: O'Malley 2.0.
- Permalink: Maybe Cristina's right. Maybe trying to teach the interns is poi...
Lexie: Ok well her SED rate is slightly elevated. Do we check for auto-immune disease?
Intern: Yeah, ANA and CRP were negative too. At worst she's got an anxiety disorder. The girl is totally fine!
Izzie: SHE IS NOT FINE! She had hallucinations. She had visual, auditory and tactile hallucinations about her dead fiance. She thought she could talk to him, and touch him. She's not fine. She's not fine. You're missing something. You're not looking in the right places. Go back and figure out what you're missing.
- Permalink: Ok well her SED rate is slightly elevated. Do we check for auto-...
Intern: Woah woah, wait wait. Liver enzymes are normal. Cardiac work up is negative.
Intern:If LDH is false positive.
Intern: It's a trick question!
Intern: She's fine. Patient X is fine.
Izzie: She's not fine.
- Permalink: Woah woah, wait wait. Liver enzymes are normal. Cardiac work up ...
Cristina: See it's not emotional, it's science. You have a problem, don't ignore it.
Meredith: Well, sometimes if you have to pee and you ignore it, it does go away.
Izzie: Haha, you guys are hilarious! I mean do you even know what she just said? Or what she just said? I can totally see you guys in 50 years, at a nursing home, just talking at each other with your hearing aids off. Hahaha! HI-LARIOUS! Ah, I love lunch.
- Permalink: See it's not emotional, it's science. You have a problem, don't ...
Meredith: Oh my god! I'm the strong one.
Cristina: You see, if I had that stomach cancer gene, I would get that gastrorectomy no problem. I face things, I don't walk away.
Meredith: Derek walks away. Maybe walking away is the answer?
- Permalink: Oh my god! I'm the strong one. You see, if I had that stomach ...
Meredith: He had to get all scalpel happy up in that patients brain, and now he can't face it!
Cristina: He thinks I'm what? This wilting flower? Well guess what, I'm the strong one.
- Permalink: He had to get all scalpel happy up in that patients brain, and n...
Meredith: And he just walked out. Without saying a word, he just walked out!
Cristina: Hunt won't even look at me, since he went all apocalypse now on me this morning.
- Permalink: And he just walked out. Without saying a word, he just walked ou...
Derek: I'M NOT OPERATING!
Richard: I'M NOT ASKING, I'M TELLING! AS CHIEF SURGEON OF THIS HOSPITAL, IF YOU DON'T GET BACK IN THAT OR TODAY SHEPHERD ...
- Permalink: I'M NOT OPERATING! I'M NOT ASKING, I'M TELLING! AS CHIEF SURGE...
Richard: Oh, Shepherd! Thank god your back. Can you swing two brain biopsies today?
Derek: I'm not operating.
Richard: Look, I know you've got a big law suit breathing down your neck, and I know you lost a patient. But, I need you back to work doing the job I hired you to do.
- Permalink: Oh, Shepherd! Thank god your back. Can you swing two brain biops...
Meredith: You're not looking at the big picture.
Derek: This is the big picture.
- Permalink: You're not looking at the big picture. This is the big picture...
Meredith: How'd it go with the lawyers?
Derek: They told me my death rate. (looks at small pile) These are the people I saved. (looks at big pile) These are the people I killed.
Meredith: Okay. Well most of those people were terminal when they came to you. You were their last chance, and you take on impossible cases. Look at the clinical trial.
Derek: It's just so many people. More than Domer, Adson, and Bundy combined.
- Permalink: How'd it go with the lawyers? They told me my death rate. (loo...
Mark: Have you heard of a... Doctor Nelson in Neuro?
Callie: Oh yeah. Haha, shadow Shepherd.
Mark: Shadow Shepherd?
Callie: Yeah, he's a solid surgeon, but sort of the JV player to Shepherd's Varsity. The B team to Shepherd's A. The brick layer to Shepherd's architect.
Mark: I get it! Just 'cause a guy doesn't publish fancy clinical trials, or takes on flashy surgeries, or has creepy perfect hair, he's less of a man?
- Permalink: Have you heard of a... Doctor Nelson in Neuro? Oh yeah. Haha, ...
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."Meredith (closing voiceover)
- Permalink: Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without y...
We spend our whole lives worrying about the future, planning for the future, trying to predict the future, as if figuring it out will cushion the blow. But the future is always changing. The future is the home of our deepest fears and wildest hopes. But one thing is certain when it finally reveals itself. The future is never the way we imagined it.Meredith (closing voiceover)
- Permalink: We spend our whole lives worrying about the future, planning for...