I have five rules. Memorize them. Rule number one, don't bother...
Cristina: I have five rules. Memorize them. Rule number one, don't bother sucking up. I already hate you, that's not gonna change.
Izzie: Traumas protocol, phone lists, pagers. The nurses will page you, you answer every page at a run. A RUN! That's rule number two... You're supposed to follow me!
Alex: The first shift starts now and lasts 36 hours. You're grunts, nobodies, the bottom of the surgical food chain. You run labs, write orders, work every second night until you drop. And you don't complain.
Meredith: On call rooms. Sleep when you can, where you can. You know, but not with anybody. Not attendings, especially not attendings. Sleeping with attendings, not a good idea. Where was I?
George: Er, rule number three. If you're sleeping, do not wake you unless the patient is actually dying.
Cristina: The dying patient better not be dead when I get there, because not only will you have killed someone, you will have woken me for no good reason. Are we clear? Yes?
Lexie: That was four rules. You said five.
Cristina: Rule number five. When I move, you move... Go!
- Meredith Grey, Cristina Yang, George O'Malley, Alex Karev, Lexie Grey
- Grey's Anatomy Season 4 Episode 1: "A Change is Gonna Come"
- Grey's Anatomy
- Related Quotes:
- Meredith Grey Quotes, Cristina Yang Quotes, George O'Malley Quotes, Alex Karev Quotes, Lexie Grey Quotes, Grey's Anatomy Season 4 Episode 1 Quotes, Grey's Anatomy Quotes
- Added by:
- Steve Marsi
I tell you that I love you, and not one word? For 17 days? Where have you been?Izzie
- Permalink: I tell you that I love you, and not one word? For 17 days? Wher...
[narrating] In the practice of medicine, change is inevitable. New surgical techniques are created, procedures are updated, levels of expertise increase. Innovation is everything, nothing remains the same for long. We either adapt to change, or ... we get left behind.Meredith
- Permalink: In the practice of medicine, change is inevitable. New surgica...