(Principal Skinner tries to convince Marge and Homer to place Ba...
(Principal Skinner tries to convince Marge and Homer to place Bart in the student exchange program.)
Principal Skinner: Actually, he'd be staying in France, in a lovely chateau in the heart of the wine country.
Marge: But Bart doesn't speak French.
Principal Skinner: Oh, when he's fully immersed in a foreign language, the average child can become fluent in weeks!
Homer: Yeah, but what about Bart?
Principal Skinner: I'm sure he'll pick up enough to get by.
- Homer Simpson, Marge Simpson, Principal Skinner
- The Simpsons Season 1 Episode 11: "The Crepes of Wrath"
- The Simpsons
- Related Quotes:
- Homer Simpson Quotes, Marge Simpson Quotes, Principal Skinner Quotes, The Simpsons Season 1 Episode 11 Quotes, The Simpsons Quotes
- Added by:
- Eric Hochberger
Adil: How can you defend a country where 5 percent of the people control 95 percent of the wealth?
Lisa: I'm defending a country where people can think, and act, and worship any way they want!
Adil: Can not.
Lisa: Can too.
Adil: Can not!
Lisa: Can too!
Homer: Please, please kids! Stop fighting. Maybe Lisa's right about America being the land of opportunity, and maybe Adil has a point about the machinery of capitalism being oiled with the blood of the workers.
- Permalink: How can you defend a country where 5 percent of the people contr...
(Adil clears the dishes after dinner.)
Homer: Did you see that? You know, Marge, this the way I've always wanted it to be. We've become a fully functioning family unit. We've always blamed ourselves, but I guess it's pretty clear which cylinder wasn't firing.
Lisa: Your paper-thin commitment to your children sends shivers down my spine! May I be excused?
(Lisa gets up and leaves.)
Homer: Oh, she's just jealous. She'll get over it. And if she doesn't, we can always exchange her. (Laughs)
Homer: Just kidding!
- Permalink: (Adil clears the dishes after dinner.) Did you see that? You k...