Friends Season 1 Quotes
Chandler: Joe... Joe... Joe... Stalin?
Joey: Stalin! Stalin. Do I know that name? It sounds familiar.
Chandler: Well, it does not ring a bell with me!
Joey: Joe Stalin. You know, that's pretty good!
Chandler: Hey, you know, you might wanna try Joseph.
Joey: Joseph Stalin. I think you'd remember that!
- Permalink: Joe... Joe... Joe... Stalin? Stalin! Stalin. Do I know that na...
Phoebe: Oh, yuck! Ross, he's doing it again!
Ross: Marcel, stop humping the lamp! Stop humping!
- Permalink: Oh, yuck! Ross, he's doing it again! Marcel, stop humping the ...
Monica: Okay, do you see anybody you think could be me?
Teacher: People! Last time there were some empty yogurt containers lying around after class. Let's not have that happen again!
Rachel: She could be you.
- Permalink: Okay, do you see anybody you think could be me? People! Last t...
Phoebe: (To Marcel) Goodbye little monkey guy. I wrote you this poem, okay, but don't eat it until you get on the plane.
Ross: Aw. Thank you, Aunt Phoebe.
Chandler: Okay, bye, champ. Now, I know there's gonna be a lot of babes in San Diego, but remember, there's also a lot to learn.
Joey: I don't know what to say, Ross. It's a monkey.
Ross: Well, just say what you feel, Joey.
Joey: Marcel, I'm hungry.
Ross: That was good.
Rachel: (Holding a teddy bear) Marcel, this is for you. It's uh, just, you know, something to, um, do on the plane.
Ross: If you guys don't mind, I would like to take a moment just with just me and him.
Everyone: Of course. Absolutely.
Ross: Marcel, come here. Well buddy, this is it. Just a couple of things that I wanted to say. Well, I'm really gonna miss you. I'm never gonna forget about you. You've been more than just a pet to me. You've been more like a-- Marcel, would you just leave my leg alone? Would you just stop humping me for two seconds?! Would just take him away? Just take him.
- Permalink: Goodbye little monkey guy. I wrote you this poem, okay, but don'...
(On the phone) Hi. Yes. This is Monica Geller. Um, I believe I'm taking some classes with you and I was wondering if you could tell me what they were.Monica
- Permalink: Hi. Yes. This is Monica Geller. Um, I believe I'm taking some cl...
Ross: I just got back from the vet.
Chandler: She's not going to make you wear one of those big plastic cones, is she?
- Permalink: I just got back from the vet. She's not going to make you wear...
(To Monica, about her new carefree lifestyle) Well, you ladies aren't the only ones living the dream. I get to go pour coffee for people I don't know. Don't wait up.Rachel
- Permalink: Well, you ladies aren't the only ones living the dream. I get to...
Teacher: Okay people. Now everyone grab a partner.
Phoebe: Okay. (Playing the pointing game) "And my dead mother said you are it." I'm with Rachel.
- Permalink: Okay people. Now everyone grab a partner. Okay. And my dead m...
(Dramatically) It's madness, madness, I tell you! For the love of God, Monica, don't do it! (In her normal voice) Thank you.Phoebe
- Permalink: It's madness, madness, I tell you! For the love of God, Monica, ...
Teacher: You can come up to the front and dance with me.
Monica: Why don't I just take off my clothes, and have a nightmare?
- Permalink: You can come up to the front and dance with me. Why don't I ju...
Casting Director: Name?
Joey: Holden McGroin.
- Permalink: Name? Holden McGroin.
Rachel: Oh, Monica, come on. You do cool things.
Monica: Oh, really? Okay. Let's compare, shall we?
Rachel: Oh, it's so late for "shall we."
Monica: Do I go horseback riding in the park? Do I take classes at the New School?
Rachel: (Yawning) No...
- Permalink: Oh, Monica, come on. You do cool things. Oh, really? Okay. Let...