Are you a TV Fanatic?
Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive personalized television news for free!
I call her, alright. I call my mother, once a week. I haven't told her I'm back, she thinks I'm calling from ... I keep the conversation short because I can't bear for her to know that the son she sent off to war is gone. He's gone. And if I just got in my car and drove the six miles to see her, she'd be so ... sad. And she would look at me in the same way Beth does, now. Like I'm not there. The only time I don't feel like a ghost is when you look at me, because when you look at me, you see me. You see me. This is me. This is me. Please, Cristina, see me. See me.Owen (to Cristina)
- Permalink: I call her, alright. I call my mother, once a week. I haven't to...
Mark: Dr. Grey. It would appear that congratulations are in order.
Lexie: Thank you, Dr. Sloan.
Mark: And I'd also like it acknowledged that I offer these congratulations, professionally and respectfully, without any innuendo or inappropriate body language.
Lexie: Acknowledged, Dr. Sloan.
- Permalink: Dr. Grey. It would appear that congratulations are in order. T...
Callie (praying in chapel): Dear God, I need your guidance. I kissed a peds surgeon.
Addison: You kissed a peds surgeon?
Callie (still praying): I never thought I'd end up with a woman, God, I mean not until lately, but that's not the problem. The problem is the ped thing. She's perky and has butterflies on her scrub cap, but she's also hot. Really hot. So, help me get over the butterflies. Amen.
- Permalink: Dear God, I need your guidance. I kissed a peds surgeon. You k...
Lexie: Wait, what's the prize?
Chief: You get to scrub in on Shepherd's craniotomy.
Chief: And hold the doomsday sucker.
Lexie: What's the doomsday sucker?
Izzie: Doomsday sucker?
Chief: It's just a really big sucker.
- Permalink: Wait, what's the prize? You get to scrub in on Shepherd's cran...
Every patient's story starts the same way. It starts with them being fine, it starts in the before. They cling to this moment, this memory of being fine, this before, as though talking about it may somehow bring it back. But what they don't realize is that they're talking about it to us, their doctors and that means there's no going back. By the time they see us, they're already in the after. And while every patient's story starts the same way, how the story ends depends on us, on how well we diagnose and treat. We know the story hinges on us and we all want to be the hero.Meredith (narrating)
- Permalink: Every patient's story starts the same way. It starts with them b...
Alex: Dudes. The patient can see you giggling over here like schoolgirls. Enough wise cracks.
- Permalink: Dudes. The patient can see you giggling over here like schoolgir...
Meredith: How is it? The journal? Is it gross. Were they naked?
Cristina: No, not yet. It's kind of ... hot, actually, but chastely hot.
- Permalink: How is it? The journal? Is it gross. Were they naked? No, not ...
You should wear your hair up more. Shows off the back of your neck. I like the back of your neck.Owen (to Cristina)
- Permalink: You should wear your hair up more. Shows off the back of your ne...
Callie: You're an idiot. What is your problem?
Mark: He is proposing to her. That makes Little Her, his little sister. And I can't sleep with any more sisters. And she's young. And I'm her boss.
Callie: And I'm celibate.
- Permalink: You're an idiot. What is your problem? He is proposing to her....
Izzie (to the interns): You want to take narrow slices with the scan so you get a more comprehensive look. What do you see?
George: I see a crazy person taking expensive tests for no reason and, oh, I see the Chief finding out and expelling the crazy person. And then I see joblessness, homelessness and depression. It does not look good, Izzie.
- Permalink: You want to take narrow slices with the scan so you get a more c...
Cristina: Do you know who likes a good 12? (taps Meredith's mother's journal)
- Permalink: Do you know who likes a good 12? (taps Meredith's mother's journ...
Lexie: You're the only one who knows about us and I'm terrible at keeping secrets. Keeping secrets makes me sick.
Callie: Look. Alone people don't like to hear about the together people. Okay. Even if the alone people are alone by choice. It's just sort of mean. It's sort of like bringing a 6-pack to an AA meeting.
- Permalink: You're the only one who knows about us and I'm terrible at keepi...