Grey's Anatomy Season 5 Quotes
Patient: When are you gonna do it? Today? Oh please do it today! Do it here.
Derek: No, I don't know. I was told it was supposed to be like a grand gesture.
Patient: Oh. Well, Brad proposed to me in a supermarket aisle. He said that was the place he saw me for the first time. So, I said yes between the cat food and the tampons.
Derek: Oh, that's romantic.
Patient: It was actually.
- Permalink: When are you gonna do it? Today? Oh please do it today! Do it he...
Derek: I know that's why we're gonna do an exam, ok. I need you to look down for me.
Patient: Ok... OH! What is that?
Derek: What? Oh... ah, Dr. Grey could you ah, set up an MRI for Mrs unsure of what her name is please right now.
Meredith: But did you see...
Derek: Now Dr. Grey.
Meredith: Ok... [leaves]
Patient: Oh... you, you saw something?
Derek: No, no no. No, I'm sorry. Alright, can you keep a secret?
Lexie: You bet I can.
Derek: This is intended for Dr. Grey. It's supposed to be a surprise.
Patient: Oh my god... and I almost blew it!
- Permalink: I know that's why we're gonna do an exam, ok. I need you to look...
Meredith: Hi, um...
Derek: What's up?
Meredith: I need a Neuro consult.
Richard: Yeah, that's... you better go.
Derek: Thanks Chief. Ok.
- Permalink: Hi, um... What's up? I need a Neuro consult. Ok. Yeah, t...
Richard: It's the opening page of your marriage. It can determine the entire game. You've gotta go all out. Now your plan should include: Flowers, candles, exotic foods, live musicians, and a row boat. Sky writing is not out of the question. You've gotta go...
Meredith: Dr. Shepherd.
Richard: Ah, you've gotta... um... hmm... yeah.
- Permalink: Flowers, candles, exotic foods, live musicians, and a row boat. ...
Richard: So ah, ah, how are you gonna do it? Um, go big? A grand, romantic gesture?
Derek: Um, I... I don't know yet, Chief. I'm not sure that Meredith is the grand gesture kind of girl.
Richard: Oh you wanna do the grand gesture.
- Permalink: So ah, ah, how are you gonna do it? Um, go big? A grand, romanti...
Mark: [sees Mer walk by, clears throat] So what did you use, like, a twist drill for that?
Derek: Oh no, you don't want a partial propriatal heamatoma! [laughs]
Meredith: Hi.... [walks away]
Owen: Good luck.
Derek: Ahhh... Please don't tell anybody else ok? I thought I could trust you.
Mark: Of course you can trust me.
- Permalink: So what did you use, like, a twist drill for that? Oh no, you ...
Richard: How are you gonna do it?
Derek: I don't know. I just decided.
Owen: Morning. Sir.
Mark: Shepherd's proposing.
Owen: Congratulations. That's a big step.
Derek: Thank you very much. Are you just gonna tell everybody now?
Mark: You need advice. Hunt, have you ever proposed before?
Owen: Sorry, I'm not the guy to ask. When are you gonna do it?
Derek: More importantly, how am I gonna do it?
- Permalink: How are you gonna do it? I don't know. I just decided. Morni...
Derek: She said a thing about babies. Like babies were a totally ordinary idea. She's not afraid, she's ready.
Mark: When are you gonna do it?
Richard: Do what?
Mark: Shepherd's proposing.
Richard: No kidding, outstanding!
- Permalink: She said a thing about babies. Like babies were a totally ordina...
Derek: Well she built the house of candles...
Cristina: Yeah, for you. She built you a house of candles 'cause you like that sort of thing, she doesn't.
Derek: Ok, thanks.
- Permalink: Well she built the house of candles... Yeah, for you. She buil...
Derek: Ah, Cristina. Did you tell her about the ring?
Cristina: Uh, I don't wanna talk about your stupid ring.
Derek: Good. Don't.
Cristina: Oh, you're not gonna do a bit thing are you? Like some big, romantic, McDreamy thing. 'Cause she'd hate that.
- Permalink: Ah, Cristina. Did you tell her about the ring? Uh, I don't wan...
Derek: Pregnancy induced hypertension?
Meredith: Yeah, I have to get her BP down before it starts to affect the baby.
Derek: Nice couple, they'll have cute kids.
Meredith: Yeah, Not as cute as ours. But, cute. .... What?
Derek: [smiles] Nothing.
- Permalink: Pregnancy induced hypertension? Yeah, I have to get her BP dow...
Mark: It's dangerous. People who carry guns are more likely to fire them.
Derek: Oh I'm ready to fire it. That's not the problem, she's the problem. She spooks easy. I have to fire at the right time, the right way. Otherwise, she'll panic and bolt. She's not ready. You think she's ready?
Mark: I dunno. More importantly, if you don't know you shouldn't do anything until you do know.
- Permalink: It's dangerous. People who carry guns are more likely to fire th...
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."Meredith (closing voiceover)
- Permalink: Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without y...
Doesn't matter how tough we are, trauma always leaves a scar. It follows us home, it changes our lives, trauma messes everybody up, but maybe that's the point. All the pain and the fear and the crap. Maybe going through all of that is what keeps us moving forward. It's what pushes us. Maybe we have to get a little messed up, before we can step up.Alex (narrating)
- Permalink: Doesn't matter how tough we are, trauma always leaves a scar. It...