Grey's Anatomy Season 5 Quotes
Lexie (talking about Mark): He's fun and he's funny. Even with no sex we just laugh and we talk.
Callie: Yeah. I don't want to hear this.
- Permalink: He's fun and he's funny. Even with no sex we just laugh and we t...
Izzie: They tried number 9? Who does 9?
Sadie: Well personally I'm a fan of 5, 7, 8, pretty much 12 through 20.
Meredith (laughs): I would try 15.
Izzie: Don't. Don't try 15. I would try 16. Yeah. I've never done that before.
Alex: You'd try 16?
Izzie: Uh huh. I would. I totally would. (Izzie and Alex look at each other then quickly leave the table)
Lexie: Um, don't do 16 too fast. It can hurt badly ... I heard.
- Permalink: They tried number 9? Who does 9? Well personally I'm a fan of ...
It seems we have no control what so ever over our own hearts. Condition can change without warning. Romance can make the heart pound just like panic can. And panic can make it stop cold in your chest. It's no wonder doctors spend so much time to keep the heart stable, to keep it slow, steady, regular to stop the heart from pounding out of your chest from the dread of something terrible or the anticipation or something else entirely.Meredith (narrating)
- Permalink: It seems we have no control what so ever over our own hearts. Co...
Any first year med student knows that an increase heart rate is a sign of trouble. A racing heart can indicate anything from a panic disorder to something much, much more serious. A heart that flutters, or one that skips a beat, could be a sign of secret affliction or it could indicate romance which is the biggest trouble of all.Meredith (narrating)
- Permalink: Any first year med student knows that an increase heart rate is ...
Mark: Well, you're all set here, I'll leave you to it.
Derek: Addison? ... What happened?
- Permalink: Well, you're all set here, I'll leave you to it. Thanks. Con...
Derek: This is stupid. She's gonna hate this.
Mark: What? Flowers? Girls love this crap.
Derek: It's cliche. I'm a cliche!
Mark: Cliches became cliches for a reason. Because they worked. It's great isn't it. When you feel so strongly for someone and it's not just about the sex, it is... it's true.
Derek: Ha, ha, ha... you should not talk like that.
- Permalink: This is stupid. She's gonna hate this. What? Flowers? Girls lo...
Meredith: Derek is a.... What are you doing?
Cristina: I don't know, I just... Staying here.
Meredith: Ok... goodnight.
Cristina: He's planning to propose.
Meredith: Wh... What?
Cristina: The Chief. Your Mother writes... he ah, told her he would leave Adele. Come back, get on one knee and propose, but, I don't think he ever did.
Meredith: That's sad.
Cristina: Is it?
Meredith: Or romantic.
- Permalink: Derek is a.... What are you doing? I don't know, I just... Sta...
Meredith: Hey, um did you eat? Let me change, I'll come with you.
Derek: No, no, no, I can't. I have to um, work.
Meredith: Ok, listen. You have been acting like a basket case ever since I dropped that stupid little comment about babies. And I'm glad I dropped it, because if you don't want babies, or you don't want babies with me and my crappy DNA... just say so! You don't have to avoid me. You don't have to make up lame excuses about work.
Derek: Meredith, I want your crappy babies.
Meredith: Hah, you do?
Derek: All of them.
Meredith: Ok, do you wanna eat?
Derek: No...I... I... I have to work.
- Permalink: Hey, um did you eat? Let me change, I'll come with you. No, no...
Derek: How are we doing? We all set?
Patient: Look, if you're gonna do it, do it soon. She's really freaking out.
Derek: Thank you.
- Permalink: How are we doing? We all set? Look, if you're gonna do it, do ...
Meredith: Maybe he just doesn't want my babies?
Lexie: No... that, that's not it.
Meredith: Yeah, because my babies will have Alzheimer's, and suicidal tendencies, and split ends.
Cristina: You might have something there.
Patient: No, I really don't think you do though.
Cristina: Who are you?
- Permalink: Maybe he just doesn't want my babies? No... that, that's not i...
Cristina: Hey, have you seen Bailey?
Meredith: No, but I have to talk to you. Derek is going crazy! This morning I said something about having cute babies, and now ever since he's been acting weird, and avoiding me, and dropping conversations when I walk up. I mean, he wants babies. He's always wanted babies.
Patient: Oh, he wants babies.
- Permalink: Hey, have you seen Bailey? No, but I have to talk to you. Dere...
Derek: We still have to do the MRI. Ok. Just to be safe.
Patient: Ok... Dr. Shepherd?
Patient: Should I be scared?
Derek: No. Should I?
- Permalink: We still have to do the MRI. Ok. Just to be safe. Ok... Dr. Sh...
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."Meredith (closing voiceover)
- Permalink: Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without y...
Doesn't matter how tough we are, trauma always leaves a scar. It follows us home, it changes our lives, trauma messes everybody up, but maybe that's the point. All the pain and the fear and the crap. Maybe going through all of that is what keeps us moving forward. It's what pushes us. Maybe we have to get a little messed up, before we can step up.Alex (narrating)
- Permalink: Doesn't matter how tough we are, trauma always leaves a scar. It...