Bart, I feel so bad for going so many years without, mmm, hmm--W...
Marge: Bart, I feel so bad for going so many years without, mmm, hmm--What's that word where you encourage something to grow?
Bart and Homer: (Both mumble "I don't know," in unison.)
Marge: Nurturing your brilliant brain, so I got tickets to the opera tonight. Hurry up. Get dressed. It starts at 8:00.
Bart: Oh, Mom. Not tonight!
Homer: Come on, Bart, your mother's only trying to help, so go ahead and enjoy the show.
Marge: Homer, you're going too.
Homer: But I'm not a genius. Why should I suffer?
- Homer Simpson, Marge Simpson, Bart Simpson, Lisa Simpson
- The Simpsons Season 1 Episode 2: "Bart the Genius"
- The Simpsons
- Related Quotes:
- Homer Simpson Quotes, Marge Simpson Quotes, Bart Simpson Quotes, Lisa Simpson Quotes, The Simpsons Season 1 Episode 2 Quotes, The Simpsons Quotes
- Added by:
- Eric Hochberger
Now go on, boy, and pay attention. Because if you do, one day you may achieve something that we Simpsons have dreamed about for generations. You may outsmart someone.Homer
- Permalink: (Homer drops Bart off at his new school.) Now go on, boy, and ...
(In science lab, Bart is about to mix two substances.)
Ms. Melon: (to Bart) Say, what's that? It looks dangerous.
Bart: Well, it's really pretty top secret, ma'am.
Ms. Melon: All right, keep going. But you do know what happens when you mix acids and bases, right?
Bart: 'Course I do.
(Bart pours one substance into another, it explodes and covers the whole room in the yellow mixture.)
- Permalink: (In science lab, Bart is about to mix two substances.) (to Bar...