The Simpsons Season 4 Quotes
Mr. Burns: Hello my name is Mr. Snrub and I come from some place far away. Yes, that will do. Anyway I say we invest that money back in the nuclear plant.
Smithers: I like the way Snrub thinks!
- Permalink: Hello my name is Mr. Snrub and I come from some place far away. ...
I'll just amuse myself with some pornographic playing cards.Mayor Quimby
- Permalink: I'll just amuse myself with some pornographic playing cards.
The lever you have pulled, "Brakes," is no longer in service. Please make a note of it.Automated Female Voice
- Permalink: The lever you have pulled, Brakes, is no longer in service. Ple...
The Monorail Song
Lyle Lanley: Y'know, a town with money is like a mule with a spinning wheel. No one knows how he got it and danged if he knows how to use it!
Homer: Heh heh! Mule.
Lyle Lanley: The name's Lanley. Lyle Lanley. And I come before you good people tonight with an idea. Probably the greatest... Aw, it's not for you. It's more of a Shelbyville idea.
Mayor Quimby: Now wait just a minute! We're twice as smart as the people of Shelbyville! Just tell us your idea and we'll vote for it!
Lyle Lanley: All right, I tell you what I'll do. I'll show you my idea! I give you the Springfield Monorail! (audience gasps) I've sold monorails to Brockway, Ogdenville, and North Haverbrooke, and by gum, it put them on the map!
Well, sir, there's nothing on earth
Like a genuine,
What'd I say?
Ned Flanders: Monorail!
Lyle Lanley: What's it called?
Patty & Selma: Monorail!
Lyle Lanley: That's right! Monorail!
(crowd chants "Monorail" softly and rhythmically)
Miss Hoover: I hear those things are awfully loud.
Lyle Lanley: It glides as softly as a cloud.
Apu: Is there a chance the track could bend?
Lyle Lanley: Not on your life, my Hindu friend.
Barney: What about us brain-dead slobs?
Lyle Lanley: You'll all be given cushy jobs.
Grampa: Were you sent here by the devil?
Lyle Lanley: No, good sir, I'm on the level.
Chief Wiggum: The ring came off my pudding can.
Lyle Lanley: Take my pen knife, my good man.
I swear it's Springfield's only choice...
Throw up your hands and raise your voice!
Lyle Lanley: What's it called?
Lyle Lanley: Once again...
Marge: But Main Street's still all cracked and broken!
Bart: Sorry, Mom, the mob has spoken.
Homer: Mono... D'oh!
- Permalink: The Monorail Song Y'know, a town with money is like a mule wit...
Homer: Do you want to change your name to Homer Junior? The kids can call you Ho-Ju!
Bart: ...I'll get back to you.
- Permalink: Do you want to change your name to Homer Junior? The kids can ca...
Lyle Lanley: Now, I'm here to answer any questions you children may have about the monorail.
Kid: Can it outrun the flash?
Lyle Lanley: You bet.
Kid: Can superman outrun the flash?
Lyle Lanley: Eh, sure, why not.
- Permalink: Now, I'm here to answer any questions you children may have abou...
Mayor Quimby: We will now hear suggestions for the disbursement of the two million dollars.
Lisa: Don't you mean three million dollars?
Mayor Quimby: (looks around nervously, adjusts his tie) Of course. How silly of me.
- Permalink: We will now hear suggestions for the disbursement of the two mil...
Mayor Quimby: And, uh, may the Force be with you.
Leonard Nimoy: You have no idea who I am, do you?
Mayor Quimby: Sure, I do. You're one of the Little Rascals, right?
- Permalink: And, uh, may the Force be with you. You have no idea who I am,...
Marge: Homer, there's a family of possums in here.
Homer: I call the big one "bitey."
- Permalink: Homer, there's a family of possums in here. I call the big one...
Marge: I think the money should be spent on something the whole town can be proud of.
Homer: Like a giant billboard that says 'no fat chicks!'?
- Permalink: I think the money should be spent on something the whole town ca...
Simpson, Homer Simpson.</i> Homer
He's the greatest guy in his-tor-ey
From the Town of Springfield,
He's about to hit a chestnut tree...
- Permalink: The Flintstones) Simpson, Homer Simpson. He's the greatest gu...
Leonard Nimoy: A solar eclipse: the cosmic ballet goes on.
Man sitting next to Nimoy: Does anybody want to switch seats?
- Permalink: The cosmic ballet goes on. Does anybody want to switch seats?