The Simpsons Season 2 Quotes
A hundred bucks?! For a comic book! Who drew it, Micha-ma-langelo?Homer
- Permalink: A hundred bucks?! For a comic book! Who drew it, Micha-ma-langel...
Go easy on the al-key-hole.Marge
- Permalink: Go easy on the al-key-hole.
Homer: Bart! Do that thing you do that's so cute!
Homer: That thing you know how to do!
Homer: Go to bed!
- Permalink: Bart! Do that thing you do that's so cute! Bart What? That th...
Homer: Mmmm... hors dourves.
Marge: Homer! You promised!
Homer: I promised I wouldn't eat? Never! You lie!
- Permalink: Mmmm... hors dourves. Homer! You promised! I promised I woul...
Reverend Lovejoy: Ned, Maude, what brings you here?
Ned: Well... sometimes God bless her, she underlines passages in my bible because she can't find hers!
Homer: Oh, lucky you don't keep guns in the house.
Reverend Lovejoy: Homer, why are you here?
Homer: Oh, because I got drunk and looked down her dress!
- Permalink: Ned, Maude, what brings you here? Well... sometimes God bless ...
Lovejoy: Come on Homer what are her faults?
Homer: Well sometimes she can be annoying!
Marge: Oh Homer.
Lovejoy: Now Marge, don't interrupt, you'll get your turn.
Homer: I'm done.
Lovejoy: Okay, Marge.
Marge: Well its not that I don't love the guy, I'm always sticking up for him, it's just that he's so self-centered. He forgets birthdays, anniversaries, holidays. He chews with his mouth open, he gambles, he hangs out at a seedy bar with bums and low lifes.
Homer: Oh it's true!
Lovejoy: Homer don't interrupt.
Marge: He blows his nose on the towels and then puts them back in the middle!
Homer: I only did that a couple of times!
- Permalink: Come on Homer what are her faults? Well sometimes she can be a...
Marge: Well I was thinking... do you think you could babysit the kids this weekend, I wouldn't ask, but we're desperate.
Grampa: Oh suuuure! Last resort. Old Grandpa the feeb. The guy who can't be counted on for nothing knowhow dag-nammit. Everyone's against me! (Pause) I'll do it!
- Permalink: Well I was thinking... do you think you could babysit the kids t...
Marge: Oh, they're here. How does everything look?
Homer: Yeah, how do I look?
Marge: Do we have enough glasses?
Homer: Do we have enough gag ice cubes?
Marge: Homer, Homer, put a record on.
Homer: What are all our friends' names again?
- Permalink: Oh, they're here. How does everything look? Yeah, how do I loo...
I like to think that I'm a patient, tolerant, woman and that there was no line you could ever cross that would make me stop loving you. But last night you didn't just cross that line, you threw up on it!Marge
- Permalink: I like to think that I'm a patient, tolerant, woman and that the...
(Bart and Lisa's breakfast with Grampa)
Grampa: (Pours Lisa a cup of coffee) Sugar?
Lisa: (Nervous) Yes, ten please.
Bart: (Rattlin') Hey Grampa, top me off!
Grampa: Are you sure your Ma let you kids drink coffee?
Bart: FOR THE LAST TIME, YES!!!!
- Permalink: Are you sure your Ma let you kids drink coffee?
Homer: Oh, oh, Marge, I'd love to, but I was planning on... [thinks to himself] Sleeping? Eating a big sandwich? Watching TV? Spending time with the boy! (speaks up) Spending time with the boy! The boy needs attention, Marge.
Marge: Homer, I've been talking to Lisa, and I'm concerned about your relationship with her.
Bart: Me too, Mom. I think you're drifting apart.
Homer: Shut up, boy.
Marge: Homer, please.
Homer: Marge, you don't understand. I can't do it because... [thinking to himself] You're trapped. If you were smarter, you might think of something. But you're not, so you just might as well... (speaks up) All right, all right, I'll take her.
- Permalink: Oh, oh, Marge, I'd love to, but I was planning on... Sleeping? ...
Dear Miss Hoover. You have Lyme disease. We miss you. Kevin's biting me, come back soon. Here is a drawing of a spyrokeet. Love Ralph.Ralph
- Permalink: Dear Miss Hoover. You have Lyme disease. We miss you. Kevin's bi...
One million dollars is a-okay.Homer
- Permalink: One million dollars is a-okay.
(on the phone) You heard me, I won't be in for the rest of the week... I told you, my baby beat me up... Oh, it is not the worst excuse I ever thought up.Homer
- Permalink: <i>(on the phone)</i> You heard me, I won't be in for the rest o...